Tweens and teens have the need to socialize successfully, so Artplay has created this group to help align your child with other kind and supportive peers.
ABOUT OUR PRE-TEEN/TEEN GROUPS:
Artplay has observed over and over that tween and teens are striving to be socially adept in creative and kind ways, with the support of an adult-in-control. During these groups, they get the opportunity to build the social skills they need during this critical developmental stage of life. Facilitator, Caitlin, uses social craft-making and meaningful sharing to teach this dynamic age group ways to socialize successfully.
For: 11 to 16 year olds
Length: 1 hour per session
Cost: $40 per session
Day and Time: Thursdays from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Location: Artplay, 1130 E. Missouri Avenue, Suite 300
To Sign Up or for Questions: Call owner Liz at 602-329-1347
Sample Activities and Sharing Questions:
• Candle-making, along with the question, “What makes you glow inside?”
• Bath Bombs with a treasure inside, along with the question, “Name your most treasured trait.”
• Melted Crayon Canvas, along with the question, “Identify your favorite mix of feeling colors and why?”
• Slime-making, along with the question, “Which personality are you: fluffy, stretchy or sticky?”
• Duct-Tape Creations, along with, “What personal rules do you stick by?”